12.9.05

Grapefest & Callendar House

We visited the Grapevine Grapefest this weekend, so I'll take a short break from the travellogue to discuss this event. Grapefest is a wonderful treat of wine, shopping & entertainment. As is our history, we purchased tickets to the People's Choice (an additional $15) where we are given an hour and a half to visit as many of the attendant wineries and sample their wines as we can; while keeping track of our favourites. This is not an easy task, but for years now we have given it our best shot. I was much more organized this year, than in past attempts, so feel I was more accurate in my representations of the wines. Then there's shopping. It's primarily a duck & bunny kind of show, with the occasional outstanding artisan or concept shining clearly in the ranks. This year, a concept by 9 ladies really caught my eye. It seems that they take a meme, or an image and divide the duties into 8 tiles, with each artist being "assigned" a particular tile. When the 8 tiles are complete, they get together and over wine, cheese & other foods (probably chocolate), they compelte the 9th tile and assemble the piece. The concept fascinated me. So in my own unabashed theivery of their concept, I present the "Callendar House" (original photo) and the "Callendar House by 9 Tiles." Wastrel On! (Listening To: 1001 Night's Waltz by New 101 Strings Orchestra)

No comments: