18.4.06

The Front of the Clachan Pub in London

The Front of the Clachan Pub in London Life took over. This is my first real opportunity in over a week to write. That opportunity coincides with my wife's birthday (Happy Birthday, kitten) and my one-year anniversary at the job I've held for nearly 6 years. Scarborough Renaissance Festival has started for good or for bad. I'm no longer free to come & go (or even choose not to go). I must be there to maintain & operate my shop. East Wind Games is going well. Better than expected, not nearly as well as hoped for; but it's certainly in the realm of reasonable expectation. Weeks of routine maintenance and thumb-twiddling have ended as suddenly multiple projects, each with their own pressing deadline, were thrown upon me at the same time. My leisure time is less, my ulcer is more. The photo you see here is the exterior of the Clachan pub taken from the front. It's the same pub I wrote about in my previous post and nothing about it has changed, so read that. Barcelona have bested AC Milan in Milan in leg one of their Champions League semi-final tussle. AC Milan have an uphill battle next as they travel to Barcelona to attempt to even the score. Arsenal play Villareal tomorrow in the first leg of their tie. That match will take place at Highbury where it will be greeted as the final European game to be staged at that fine old stadium. Let's here it for the Boys. That's it. Off for beer then I'll be taking my wife to dinner. Wastrel On! (Listening to: Fields of Athenry by the Dubliners)

No comments: