18.8.05

Away in the Distance

As we shot down whatever small road we were on headed toward Killiecrankie, we espied this beautiful structure far in the distance in a vale. I pulled over into a layby and ran across the road to get this photo. While I was taking photographs, my wife was attempting to place a name to the structure. We believe that it is part of the Gleneagles Estate. If I made multi millions of dollars in a years time, we'd have tried to find it, but since I don't, it just wasn't worth the attempt. I had no desire, this early in the trip, to be treated shabbily. The return trip across the road was very nearly my last as I glanced left than right to cross the road and stepped out into the path of a rushing car. Luckily, years of soccer have provided me with pretty quick reflexes and I retreated quickly to the shoulder narrowly avoiding the kiss of a car. Note to self at that point. Glance Right then Left. Nothing like a brush with death/injury to force you to take a new perspective on things. Wastrel On! (Listening To: When I Touch You by Travis Tritt)

No comments: