25.8.05

Eating in Pitlochrie

Finally finishing with the Falkirk Wheel (well worth a visit), we took to the road again. A quick stop in a small nameless (only because I've forgotten) hamlet so my dear wife can visit an antique store and I can quench a dry throat was the only thing between us & Pitlochrie. A marvelous, if very trendy/touristy destination is Pitlochrie. Many hours, I'm sure, could be spent traversing its streets and shops & pubs and distilleries. But, since we were going to be back here later in the week, we didn't stay over long. We gathered a quick bite & drink at the Old Mill Inn (I've taken, at this point, to photographing every place I've had a drink) and then took a short walk. Lovely, very pleasant weather but the city itself was a little crowded. We soon departed for Killiecrankie. Wastrel On! (listening to: High Hopes by Pink Floyd)

No comments: