20.1.06

Mary King's Close

Mary King's Close At some point in our day in Edinburgh, as we were walking the Royal Mile, we were accosted by sales hawkers in the guise of historical characters. They were dressed in typically bad 16-19th century costumes. However, they were hawking something that appealed to me: The Real Mary King's Close. See, anything remotely fortean or supernatural has always appealed to me and Auld Reekie is rife with Ghost Walks & the like. Here was my opportunity to do something that would appeal to my wife's love of history & my love of the supernatural. I shan't wax about the close itself, you can read about it by following the link above, but suffice it to say that it was worth every bit of the £6 per person. Photos are not, by the way, allowed during the tour, so typical of me, I hung back, turned off the flash and snuck surreptitious photos whene'er I could. No ghost, sadly, was to be had during our trip underground, but I intend to do it again, and one of these days the ghosts will find that a believer walks among them and come to visit me. At least that is my hope. Arsenal finally have completed the signing of Theo Walcott. He's sixteen, so obviously this is a future enhancement. I wouldn't be surprised to see the lad loaned back out to some team, such as Southampton. But it's a delight to see two Chelsea targets snub them to join the Gunners. A delight indeed. Been sick for two days, but back at work now..which means I have time to write. Wastrel On! (Listening to: Girl in Green by Blue Rodeo)

No comments: