17.1.06

View of the Castle

Edinburgh Castle.
This is the view that many tourists don't get because they just simply don't get off the Royal Mile. We're standing on Prince's Street; more accurately, I'm standing on Prince's Street while Marita Beth is shopping for shoes. I've acquired the Scottish Strip and done with my shopping, but MB is just starting. So, I while away the time and amuse myself with photo-snapping. The weather was very misty, raining at times, prompting many an umbrella or slicker to come out. We have neither with us, but I'm dressed in a fabulous Cross of St. Andrew hoody that I picked up at the Glamis games early in the trip (one of my better buys) while Marita Beth has her hoody from Cairn O'Mohr.
Manchester United have lost their appeal against Ronaldo's dismissal on the weekend, which rules him out for the Burton Albion FA Cup replay tomorrow at Old Trafford. Personally, having seen the clumsy, retaliatory lunge he performed I think he should be banned for more than just one game, but so the jaffa cakes crumble, eh?That piece of shit Wayne Rooney is also ruled out, but I don't know why exactly. Meanwhile Arsenal claims that once Emirates -- HATE the name -- is finished, Arsenal will have the greatest take in gate receipts in the sporting world. Rubbish, I say, but I can't really comment because I don't know what the full value is when every ticket is sold. I do think, however, it would be hard-pressed to compete with the value of these indiotic NASCAR tracks when they're full. I mean, really, those friggin' tracks hold half a million people or more! Emirates -- HATE the name -- will hold only 60,000. Far cry.
That crazy wanker Swede, Sven Gorn has gone and put his foot in again. This time commenting to a sheikh (whom he just met) about the state of his team and the foibles of his current charges using such lovely, moral-boosting terms as "greedy," and "lazy." Saying also, while he was at it, that he'll quit if England win the World Cup (go on and quit, already!) and purchase Aston Villa ensconcing himself as the manager. Pogo Stick! What's he thinking railing on his players to some person he just met (who turns out to be a reporter undercover) and then telling existing EPL managers that he'll fire them as soon as he can. What a miserable, unbelievable, wanker man. Wastrel On! (Listening To: Sgt. Pepper's Loney Hearts Club Band by the Beatles)

No comments: