6.2.06

The Fountain

We've left New Milne with joy & sadness in our hearts. We felt joy at having had the opportunity; however, sadness that it was over was also present. Marita Beth, Ginger & I headed south with the need to have Ginger at the airport the next morning. But, by golly we were going to make the best of it, all we needed was Lisa to complete another Kyle & the Babes memory. At some point along the drive we realised, "uhh-oh, we don't know where we're going or where we're staying". Of course, this is typical (and generally preferred) for Marita Beth & myself, but we stopped nonetheless at the first I (tourist information spot) we encountered. While Ginger & Marita Beth went in and attempted to secure a night's lodging somewhere, I did what any self-respecting wanna-be anglican would do; I went to a pub. How delightful that just across the square from the I was The Fountain. I would that I recalled the name of the town, but I fear I don't. So, all I can comment upon is The Fountain. A delightful pub, well-appointed & spacious with not too many patrons as it was just prior to noon and a parade was just starting. Yes, a parade. My dear girls arrived just before the parade was to start so we established ourselves at the window (the one on the right) and watched the parade troop down the street. I don't know why a parade, but it was peopled with children in costumes. It was perhaps 8 minutes long and then it was over. We finished our lunch & drinks and went on our way with the memories of a Saturday morning parade in a small town in Scotland. Priceless. If I ever write a fiction book, I'm going to visit here to get the name of my book. Something like one of these: Apprentice of Darkness Autumn and Doom Dwindelle's Autumn Hunter of Legend Keeperِ Memoryِ and Fire Maiden of the Ebony King Runeِ Curseِ and Castle The Fordurgir Stone The Seventh Faerie The Xandirid City Really, the names just damn near write the stories themselves, wot? The saga of Sol continues with normal tabloid drama. I say let the rotter sit the bench on the reserves until he learns his lesson. No one has the right to leave a team in the lurch as he did. Only 2 fit natural defenders in the squad and he decides to walk out of the stadium. Rubbish! Write the prat off and move on. Arsenal did win 2-nil on the weekend over Birmingham. Apaprently have Fabregas back in the squad alongside new kid Diaby makes a difference. Gilberto sat out with Diaby placing a nail squarely in the coffin lid by bagging a goal. So long Gilberto, long live Diaby! Wastrel On! (Listening to: Would Not Come by Alannis Morissette)

No comments: