2.3.06

Bed & Breakfast in Melrose, Scotland

Bed & Breakfast in Melrose, Scotland Here we have arrived in Melrose, Scotland home of the Sevens Rugby Football Club. We are staying in this wonderfully old building that has been most thoroughly modernised. It used to be the school house for the nearby Melrose Abbey, but is now privately owned. The morning we left this location, I spied on their wall a tasteful watercolour of a Rugby match. I enquired of the town's infatuation with Rugby having seen numerous strips while out & about the night before. Apparently, Melrose is known for having created the 7-a-side Rugby phenomenon. So, I had to have a shirt; I just had to. The B&B owners are apparently tight with the club, so they rung down the arena and arranged for someone to go and open the gift shop that I might purchase my shirt. Not a cheap thing, it was £70 (iirc), but I have my black & yellow hooped rugby shirt that I now wear frequently. Hell, if I'm going to pay $130 for a shirt, I damn well should wear it every day! In footy bits, Djourou did indeed get his debut in the second half of Switzerland vs. Scotland (which the Swiss won 3-1). By all reports both Senderos & Djourou made good accounts of themselves. Spain vs. Ivory Coast ended 3-2 to Spain with Cesc (the youngest player in 70 years to make his debut) setting up a goal and Reyes coming on as a sub to net one for the team at 17 minutes til time. Well done, youngsters! And here we have yet one more reason to continue our long-standing boycott of Domino's Pizza. What a maroon! Rocky 6? You've got to be kidding me. and, whoever did this has WAAAAY too much time on their hands and far too manyLegoss. Wastrel On! (Listening to: The Silken Whip by Afrocelts)

No comments: