9.3.06

Cemetery at Coldstream

Cemetary at Coldstream Alright, we're still not out of Scotland at this point. We're headed toward Coldstream which is a true border-town. We actually adjusted our trip to swing through Coldstream because I was looking for a contact I had established there for braces manufacturing. While there I tried to locate them to no avail. I sometimes despair of every finding that company again. During the trip I'd been carefully & studiously avoiding graveyard photos because I consider them ubiquitous and somewhat cliche. However, the lighting for this one was just so nice I couldn't help myself. So, there you have it. I also have one in black & white that's nearly as nice. Well, although I didn't get the opportunity to see it, I hear tell that Arsenal v Real Madrid was the best nil-nil game you're ever likely to see. Yes, nil-nil, which means that 9 time Champions League winners Real Madrid fail to pass the test and went home losers. Apparently the officials tried their damnedest to give RM the boost but the Arsenal were more than equal to the 12-man team that were Real Madrid. Liverpool lost on the day to Benifica and with Chelsea having lost the day before, Arsenal are the only English team to move forward in the competition. Up the Arsenal! Oh, and styromfoam can be recycled. Groovy. And that's that for today. Wastrel On! (listening to: Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood by the Animals)

No comments: