7.3.06

The Ship Inn in Melrose

I had a difficult time leaving Scotland phyiscally, and now I'm having a hard time leaving it figuratively. So, I'm writing about Melrose again. This is a photo of Marita Beth sitting next to a window in an overstuffed chair in a charming little pub called the Ship Inn. Whether it's really an Inn or not I don't know, but it's definitely a pub. A pretty young lady & and an old publican behind the bar, regular patrons on the stools, football on the telly & Belle & Sebastian on the jukebox. It was home, at least for the duration of a McEwans & a cider. Marita Beth spent some time while here to write in her travelogue while I drank the stout, watched the footy & soaked up the atmosphere. I could've spend hours here. I suppose maybe tomorrow, we really will leave Scotland; but until then Wastrel On! (Listening to: Horizon by Enya)

No comments: