23.3.06

The Peacock

The Peacock We've left Arbor Low and scouted out a location to spend the night. We've gone as far as we could and have ended up in Matlock, Derbyshire at some hotel called the Grouse & Claret. A nice enough place owned by a couple of decent folks who, oddly enough, seem to care for their tenants. The owner actually even came up & unscrewed our window so we could open it, as it was blistering hot outside (and inside our room, too). Just down the lane from the Grouse & Claret was this charming Inn & Pub, they were full up (and expensive). The Peacock has a charm & appeal to it that struck me. I hope to visit it again and actually stay within it's confines for a night or two. The Peak District in Derbyshire is beautiful & full of great walks and sights. Of course, I gots to lose me some of this extra weight I'm carrying about at the moment so that the walking isn't such a chore. That's it today, have to get to work. I've lost an entire week's worth of time with these crazy webmeetings I've had to host. So now back to coding. Until then, Wastrel On! (Listening to: From Hillbilly Heaven to Honky Tonk Hell by Kenny Chesney & Terry Lawrence)

No comments: