9.10.07

Grimes County Courthouse in Anderson

5 October 2007
The first Friday in October. Always a day to look forward to because it's the day before TRF starts. Most years I really do look forward to it. This year, not so much. In fact, the only reason I went is because my darling wife was already there as were a bunch of my friends. With the astronomical (some might say criminal) cost of petrol, the rising, nearly ludicrous cost of boarding my two border collies, I very seriously contemplated not going. But, as I mentioned I missed my wife and she, in turn, needed me for work duties. She'd been unsuccessful in finding quality help before the show started, so I had to go down to TRF in full-on work mode. Not fun. So, after a day at work trying to suss out some pretty serious show-stopping issues, I took the long drive down listening to my XM radio. I've talked for years about stopping and taking photos on the drive. I didn't except for one brief stop just outside Madisonville, TX and another in Anderson, TX. This photo was taken in Anderson.
Anderson Courthouse at Night
It's of the County Courthouse as seen at night (I should mention here that Anderson is not the County Seat of Anderson; it is, instead, the County Seat of Grimes County) The composition is a little wonky because I was sans tripod. Therefore, the road became my steady hand resulting in the photo you see.
Cheers.

~KR (5 October 2007)

Listening to:
Today by The Smashing Pumpkins
on Siamese Dream

Camera: Canon PowerShot S1 IS
Exposure: 1 sec (1)
Aperture: f/3.1
Focal Length: 12.3 mm
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

No comments: