21.2.08

My Old Friend

20 February 2008
Marita Beth called while I was still working and asked if I had plans. I did not, so she made plans for herself. She, Ginger & Kelly got together for some girl time. I love the fact that these three girls have this opportunity at the moment to spend so much time together. They're sisters of different mothers and seem to love each other as much as any family members ever could.So, I got home to a quiet, empty house. I let the dogs out, then went back out myself to marvel at the moon. Braced against the wall of the house, I took a series of Ms. Luna through the gnarled branches of the Black Oaks in the front yard. I like this one best:
Full Moon.
I'd intended to take more photos during the eclipse, but cloud cover settled in and I couldn't see it, so no photos of that. And, since the moon has been a constant, if somewhat inconsistent, companion through my entire life no matter where I've lived; and she's always been there me to yell at, marvel at, howl at; and she will always be there, I'm using her as my Mini-Challenge entry. The moon is one of my oldest friends and companions.
Cheers.

~KR (22 February 2008)

Listening to:
The Only One by Morphine
from Good

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS
Exposure: 0.125 sec (1/8)
Aperture: f/5.5
Focal Length: 23.2 mm
ISO Speed: 250
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

No comments: