13.3.06

Dwelling

Yes, we've finally left Scotland and are into England now. Not too far into our journey South, we espied one of those rather ubiquitous brown signs that say, "Yo! There's something interesting over here. Get out of your auto and check it out." So we did. In the middle of this field was a reconstruction of a henge of wood and a series of dwelling surrounding it. Marita Beth is shown emerging from one of these structures in today's photo. It reminded me of a crannog only much smaller, less well-constructed and nowhere near water. Ok, so I guess it didn't really remind of a crannog after all. The whole "display" was all placarded well and when we finally did leave, we felt more smarter than before. Of course, I don't remember any of it now not even where in the god's green country this was; but for a brief moment in time, I was the better man for having obeyed the instructions on the little brown sign. I don't recall, prior to Saturday, when the last time I pulled for Chelsea. But, on Saturday I nearly made myself ill wishing for them to win against the Sp*rs. Of course, even through the hoping & praying that Tott would drop points, I was still vile in my threats and epithets verbally launched at the telly. There's no excuse for a grown man to behave so. I blame it on the coffee. But, in the end, Gallant Gallas the left fullback for Chelsea scorched the back of the net with a helluva shot that secured three for the Russians Blues & Zero (hear that? that's naught) for the Hotsp*rs. Now if only Bolton & Blackburn will lose a few also to give the Arse some breathing room, that'd be alright with me, too. Right, then. it's Monday & there's bugger-all going on. However, it seems that perhaps the patent process in Britain is as broken as it is here. Wallabies have been sighted at Loch Lomond, Hairy crustaceans are being pulled out of the water near Easter Island, and there's water on one of Saturn's moons. And that's the cat's knees! Wastrel On! (Listening to: Chasin that Neon Rainbow by Allan Jackson)

No comments: