14.3.06

The Unknown Pub Somewhere in England

The Unknown Pub Somewhere in England How's that? I can't recall the name of the pub, I can't recall the name of the village. I can't recall where in England we were or where we were headed. Amazing. If anyone recognizes this spot, please drop me a line and let me know. I do remember that the proprietor and staff were sitting outside enjoying a pint & a smoke while we sat inside. We were essentially instructed to help ourselves if we needed anything. I love small-village Britain; it's so refreshingly trusting. Robin Van Persie & Sol Campbell both came through last night's reserve game unscathed, so we may see one or both of them on the weekend. Although personally, I believe that the back four have done just fine without Sol in the lineup and a few months on the bench may do his over-inflated ego (and belly) some good. Arsenal, according to Hill-Wood are NOT going for Beckham. Good on us, we don't need that overblown maggot on our pitch. But, Madrid have indicated great interest in Fabregas. Hands off the boy, ye wankers! Although not a Celtic fan, it's always sad when a true great leaves us. Jimmy Johnstone, a Celtics legend died yesterday at 62 years. His legacy is legendary as was his football. They didn't call him jinky for nothing. My condolences to his family. Some would have us believe that Noah's Ark has been located. Personally, I don't believe it, but I'll reserve full judgment until the facts are in. If you have the time, or the inclination, go read my other writings. Ok, that's it for today, I'm at work & headed to meeting. Until then, Wastrel On! (Listening to: Innocence by Keith Jarrett)

No comments: