16.3.06

Marita Beth on a Stile

Marita Beth on a Stile During our trip, I miscalculated and made an error that could have proved to be much worse than it was. My wife wanted to be at a circle on the solstice; I didn't realise how important to her this actually was, though I should have. Had I known, we'd have dallied a bit longer in the North then made a hell-bent drive South to make to London in time for our departure. However, like most things in our travels, it worked itself out just fine, when she located this ring. This unadorned, barely known ring of stones in the North of England was secluded, completely off our track and worth every bit of effort we made to find it. I don't recall the name of the circle, although I'm sure my wife does; however, it was likely one of the most peaceful places on the planet for the while that we were there. This photo is of Marita Beth stepping over the stile into the pasture where the ring rested. In the background you see a mound that encompassed the ring. Man-made however long ago, it was a nearly-closed circle that held within it a ring of stones lying on the ground. Simply marvelous. More tomorrow. Arsenal have apparently signed another youth out of Spain. Can't wait to see how he does. Arsene's faith in his youth has created gems like Flamini & Fabregas & Lupoli. Let's wait & see. In other news it appears that we are not responsible for global warming, but instead a meteor that struck Siberia in 1908 is responsible. Shrug. Whatever, however, it's freakin' hot, and it's only March. You know that no statute of limitations bit on murder? Well, I'm all for it, but this seems a little extreme. Sheesh. That's it. Gotta work now. Wastrel On! (Listening to: Piano Sonata #3 by Chopin)

No comments: