24.8.07

Up a Tree

23 August 2007
This day was done. I was done. Completely shattered and not wishing much in the way of company. I was nearly relieved when Terrill decided not to join me at the bar (that doens't happen very frequently). With no company, I decided to go home and spend a quiet evening at the house. I pulled into the driveway, got out of my little Mitshubishi and walked to this massive Black Oak that resides in my front yard. I placed the camera against the bark and shot upward not even bothering to compose. I took four shots that way, moving the camera a little each time to achieve a different view. I like this one:
Up a Tree
It sort of composed itself with the ivy moving to a vanishing point that exists at about the spot that the overhead branches diverge. I might very well have even composed the shot that way. On the left hand side there is a fuzzy little blur. That is a web-worm, or tent-caterpillar, or whatever you call those vile little parasites. I killed it.
Cheers.

~KR (23 August 2007)

Listening to:
Coverville-051018 by Brian Ibbott

Camera: Canon PowerShot S1 IS
Exposure: 0.033 sec (1/30)
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 5.8 mm
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

I post with WriteToMyBlog

No comments: