5.11.07

A Well-Dressed Shadow

3 November 2007
A beautiful day. A little warm, but beautiful nonetheless. I was awakened by the canon - the signal for the faire to start its day - and took my sweet time getting dressed. I wasn't working this day, so it didn't really matter when (or if) I dressed for a day at faire. Eventually I did, and wandered toward Excalibur to find that Joseph was working. Apparently, they were short-manned, so Joseph stepped up and helped out. While there, I had him help me (ok, he did ALL the work) get my spurs attached. As we (he) were working on this, Kara showed up. What a pleasant surprise that was. So, since Joseph was working, I went out and about with Kara. At some point, I lost her, I'm not really sure how. But, Lala was there to keep me company. How's that? Switching one beautiful companion for another. Hooray. I hung out with Lala the remainder of the day, making runs back and forth to the Odeon stage where she was playing poster-girl for Sound & Fury (an amazingly funny act!). During one of these visits, Arsene (an exceptional Parisian clown) commandeered her for the show. Oops, I hadn't planned on that, I was nealry out of beer. So, I went and stood in the long line for a couple of Shiner Bocks. While there, my shadow came out to play. This is him:
Me and My Shadow.
A dapper chap, this shadow. He's wearing a seriously wonderful chapeau from Lion Heart Hats at Scarborough Faire adorned with natural feathers from Excalibur; a chemise purchased some 16 or 17 years ago at the Kansas City Renaissance Festival; a "brain-fart" doublet from Pendragon Costumes; a tight, but great looking pair of slashed trewes from Kelly at Wasited Efforts and a pair of dun-coloured tall boots from a company I shan't sully my blog with naming (although I love the boots, the newly-discovered business practices make me very unhappy). In the shadow's hand are a mug from Wondrous Works in Wood and a camera by Canon. He's a well-outfiitted chap, my shadow.
Cheers.

~KR (3 November 2007)

Sitting in a bar in MIA waiting for a ride

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS
Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture: f/8
Focal Length: 5.8 mm
ISO Speed: 80
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire, auto mode

No comments: