27.12.07

Plaza Pub

19 December 2007
Jury Duty. I'd deferred it once because of out-of-the-country travelling, and just simply couldn't do it again. Marita Beth kindly offered to take me to the courthouse so I wouldn't have to deal with the bus; the offer was gladly accepted. I went in, and was early enough, that the line was not overly long either at the metal detectors at the front door or to sign in for the jury duty bit itself. Unfortunately, as more and more people arrived, the sheer amount of perfume, cologne and other body odors overwhelmed my rather weak respiratory system and I had a mild, but serious enough, asthma attack. I was excused from jury duty. I called MB, she came and got me and we drove around until I was feeling better. Then she suggested breakfast.which I rarely do, but having been weakened by the attack, I conceeded and off we went to Ol' South Pancake House - a favourite in Ft. Worth. A whole bunch of other stuff happened in the middle of the day, but I don't recall it all. Somehow we ended up on the Northeast side of Arlington where we located a charming little place run by Ed, the Publican. It's called the Plaza Pub:
The Plaza Pub

Despite the fact that is, and will remain, a smokers bar, I feel that I will be back. We each had a quick pint then off we trundled to watch the Enchanted followed by Alvin and the Chipmunks. You can read MB's entry to get the full extend of that experience.
Cheers.

~KR (19 December 2007)

Listening to:
The War by Lucero

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/800)
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 10 mm
ISO Speed: 160
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire, auto mode

No comments: