3.1.08

The King

1 January 2008
The day after. What a mess, but tradition dictates a day at the zoo nonetheless. So, even though we got to bed around 0500, we were up and guzzling coffee at 1000(ish) awaiting the Digital Simian to join us. He arrived approximately 1030 and we said our sad goodbyes to Lisa who needed to begin her long journey home to Colorado (having her with us for Hogmanay was an absolute highlight of my year - thank you, Lisa!). Off then we trundled to the Ft. Worth zoo to meet with friends sometime before noon. Dan and Burt gave us their wonderful stories as we moved through the park - if you've not experienced their tour you really should try to go one year. It's amazing. I didn't take as many photos as I perhaps should have, but frankly I didn't want to take my hands out of my pockets - it was a little chilly, even for me. However, out came the camera when we approached the lion enclosure. How could I not when faced with such a majestic creature?
Gazing
As you've likely gleaned from the 2007 diary entries, we will not be in the U.S. for the (year away) upcoming holiday experience. That also, sadly, means that we will miss the annual Ft. Worth zoo trip. Perhaps we'll go to the Edinburgh zoo instead. :-)
Cheers.

~KR (Posted on: 3 January 2008)

 Listening to:
<em>West Coast</em> by Coconut Records

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS
Exposure: 0.067 sec (1/15)
Aperture: f/5.5
Focal Length: 23.2 mm
ISO Speed: 80
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

No comments: