3.1.08

Video Poker

2 January
Back to the grind and so I go, hand to heart and nose to wheel. I have no choice, most of us don't. I get a little more disgruntled and a little more desperate every day. But, I do what I must and I do it to the absolute best of my ability - despite adversity and uncomfortable pressure from above. As such, when the escape is offered, I frequently take it and use it. Today was no exception. Terrill and I went to No Frills Grill to watch pure escapist television - College Football. He was pulling for (not rooting for) Oklahoma because he wanted a Big 12 team to win the Fiesta Bowl. I couldn't care less, but because I don't care for Oklahoma as a state (it's flat and dusty) and I do love the scenery of West Virginia, I pulled (call it rooting if you will) for them. I later found out, as Marita Beth joined us for part of the first and part of the last quarters of the game, that her father had gone to West Virigina and both she and her brother had applied to, and been accepted at, West Virginia. Therefore, it was natural that I pull for them. West Virginia won because I'm pretty sure that the Oklahoma squad didn't show up for the final quarter. During the game, I amused myself with trivia and Terrill played poker. After all, we needed something to do during the 3 hours of commercial breaks. This is a photo of Terrill losing a hand to someone named Lucy: Texas Hold 'Em
That $10,200 was mostly Terrill's money. Good thing it's all virtual, eh?
Cheers.

~KR (Posted on 3 January 2008)

Listening to:
Fore by Loren Radis

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS
Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture: f/3.2
Focal Length: 8.6 mm
ISO Speed: 800
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

No comments: