26.2.08

Inside the Glass Conch

22 February 2008
Marita Beth & I joined Ken & Denise tonight for a bit of Fakespearian tomfoolery. The Stolen Shakespeare Guild, a local Community Arts group, performed an abridged version of Merry Wives of Windsor, a modernized version of Volpone (a Ben Johnson play) and Short Attention Span Much Ado About Nothing. Although very obviously an amateur production it was amusing enough that I'll likely go back and watch future productions. The show took place in the Sanders Theatre inside the Community Arts complex in the Ft. Worth cultural district. Although I'd been to the Scott Theatre numerous times, I'd never been to the Sanders Theatre which is right next door. I'm embarassed to admit that, but it's been rectified now. In addition to the theatre, there is also a small museum which I presume houses artwork done by the community. We didn't get to spend too much time there before the show started, but I did manage to take a few photos of some exception glass art pieces. This is the interior of a beautiful conch shell that, for me, was the highlight of the glass work exhibit.
Conch Shell Glass Art
Cheers.

~KR (Written on 23 February 2008)

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS
Exposure: 0.2 sec (1/5)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 5.8 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

Tags:

No comments: