28.2.08

Not My Favourites

25 February 2008
Awww heck. What a day. I met Marita Beth & Kelly at No Frills Grill as they were hungry and after a long day at work, I could use a break, too. After much fun & good fun, we parted ways with Marita Beth & I heading home while Kelly went elsewhere. The food & company had cheered up my day substantially so I suggested a walk of the dogs...mistake. Walking the dogs on lead is one of the few things we have really neglected when talking about the training and behaviour of our pets. Cormac, in particular, is not a good leash-dog. We're trying to fix that. Unfortunately, the training got curtailed tonight. As I was running him on lead, he decided that getting tangled up in my quickly trotting feet was the proper thing to do. This pitched me forward. I had two choices: continue the fall forward onto the asphalt road on which I was running him, or twist myself sideways and launch myself onto the neighbours lawn. Obviously, the second was the better option but it was executed poorly. I ended up smacking my knee into the curb causing an immense amount of bruising, swelling and lost skin. These, although my saviours of the night, are not my favourite friends right now:
Not My Favourite
Now, two days later, I can limp along, but I can't bend my knee very well and the pain is sometimes overbearing. But, I've had worse...I just was much younger then. Ohh, well, it is what it is.
Cheers.

~KR (Written on 28 February 2008)

Listening to:
Forest Walk by Diane Linn
from Conversations With The Moon

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS
Exposure: 0.167 sec (1/6)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 5.8 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

No comments: