4.10.07

Joe Jackson

3 October 2007
Anyone who knows me, or has spent any time with me, knows that music is a passion. Almost all types of music at all times of the day. Terrestrial radio just doesn't do that. The inance, frequently banal, blathering of the disc jockeys proved to be more than I could handle. I subscribed to XM Radio.
XM Roady.
At first, I just bought my wife a subscription because she was travelling so much. I wanted her to have one-button access to the traffic & weather of the major cities she was visiting. Soon, however, as I listened to hers more & more, I realized what an absolute treasure satellite radio really is. Sure, I pay $14.00 a month for the 2 subscriptions; but to not have to suffer through the endless verbal masturbation of jockeys or the increasingly idiotic commercials is completely worth the expense. On the trip I have to make this weekend which will involve about 6 hours in the car by myself, XM radio will be a fine & welcome companion. I do not work for XM Radio or its competitor or even in the industry. I'm just a satisfied customer.
Cheers.

~KR (3 October 2007)

Listening to:
Here We Go by C+C Music Factory
on Gonna Make You Sweat

Camera: Canon PowerShot S1 IS
Exposure: 1 sec (1)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 5.8 mm
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

1 comment:

Lorelei said...

I used to have Sirius radio. I was so in love with it, I would have listened to it 24 hrs/day. I have a hell of a commute and that radio made life worth living. I only got to enjoy it for about three months, until it stopped working. Sirius said my account was fine; and BestBuy said they had no way of knowing if it was an antenna issue or a tuner issue. They replaced the antenna and it didn't fix the issue, so they told me I'd have to fork out another wad of cash to buy a new tuner because no one supported trouble-shooting on old ones. I called Sirius to complain but all they said was, "Oh, too bad! Now buy a new tuner and you'll be fine."

So I only had it for a few months, but it was amazing. :(