1.10.07

Pirateology

30 September 2007
The final day of September, and although I never could recall that crazy little poem my wife so loves to quote, I'm well-aware of the day. We're moving into my favourite time of the year, and even here in Texas, it starts getting cool enough to be bearable. I'm hoping that we had enough rain over the spring and early summer that we'll actually have a fall-season. I'm hoping. Yesterday I had to make a quick trip back to Fry's because the 2.5" enclosure I bought was the wrong kind. I didn't even know what a SATA connection was until I was face-to-face with one. I guess I had assumed that the PATA (ATA/IDE) connection would just continue to remain the standard. I was wrong. But, after figuring out exactly what I needed and returning the unneeded one, I headed back home to get it all set up. Painless, really, once the enclosure bit got sorted. Marita Beth now has all the bits & bobs she needed moved onto her new computer, and she has a built in portable back-up solution in the process. So, with that all done, it was time to teach her how to enter products into the inventory system within East Wind Games. Something that she is actually better suited to do than I, but didn't know how to accomplish. Well, like all good things, it did not go as planned. She got to looking at the existing category (non) orginisation and went slightly crazy. The next several hours were spent with her organizing (thank goodness) the haphazard category system I had established, while I entered some new products into the freshly organized listings. So much better now. This picture
Pirateology
is one of the newly acquired items. It's Pirateology, a fast-paced, enjoyable little card game. This version is the Splice version and comes in a little tin for easy transport. I needed to take some product photos, but it was too late, and I didnt' really want to drag out a light-box or anything, so I just played with Depth of Field photos. Certainly it won't be included in the product catalogue.
Cheers.

~KR (30 September 2007)

Listening to:
Red Hot by Ellegarden
on Riot on the Grill

Camera: Canon PowerShot S1 IS
Exposure: 0.4 sec (2/5)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 5.8 mm
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

No comments: