14.12.07

and the brushes go 'round

29 November 2007
The day before Dickens on the Strand. A traditional day off for me as we generally try to get to Galveston on Thursday night so as to make Friday a wee bit less stressful. This Thursday MB had quite a few errands for me, and I had a couple for myself so off I went. One of our primary concerns, rightfully so, was to get the car cleaned. When we get to Galveston we hand it over to a valet and didn't really want to do that with 8 weeks of the gross TRF red mud built up on it. So, while filling up with gas I decided, what the heck let's kill this bird. So, I purchased a car wash with the full tank of gas (goodness, that's expensive!) and drove through. I had my camera so I snapped a dozen or so photos of the varied-hue soap, and the brushes and so on. Quite amusing actually.
Orange Brushes
After that I ran to Sargeant's to get a pair of pants that they didn't have. So, I drove to the stockyards in cowtown to check the one store I was pretty sure would have what I needed. They didn't either. But, luckily, MB had located a pair online and had them shipped to the Tremont House in Galveston. Then, finally, time for the drive. We arrived at the Tremont House near midnight to find that through a series of miscommunications they didn't have our reservation. Bugger all. 'Salright though, we figured it out and got a decent night's sleep.
Cheers.

~KR (29 November 2007)

Listening to:
Every Woman in the World by Air Supply 
from Air Supply - Greatest Hits

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS
Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 5.8 mm
ISO Speed: 250
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash fired, auto mode, red-eye reduction

No comments: