5.12.07

Coming Home to a Stoplight

I'm back home and I'm sick. Oh so sick. I managed a first class seat on the San Francisco - Los Angeles leg of the flight. Bliss. Being in first class enabled me to get to the toilet prior to throwing up. Did I mention I was sick? The flight was short, too short; I couldn't quite catch a nap. But, it was longer than intended after we sat on the tarmac for a while waiting for a plane to vacate our gate. Eventually we got shuffled to a new gate but not before myself and six fellow passengers had missed the connecting flight. Have I mentioned how sick I was? The last thing I wanted was to spend the day, sick, in the Los Angeles airport because there was no E-class available to get me home. One of the few things I really detest about flying on business is the inability of my company (an airline) to guarantee I can get home - even when flying on company business. Luckily a very sweet gate agent was able to locate management with the appropriate authority to book me an E-class seat on the next flight to DFW. So, I only wasted a couple of hours in LAX when it could have been much, much worse. As poorly as I felt all day, I didn't even think about my camera until I was in my own car, in my own state on my way home. I did take a photo; this one in fact: Green Light & Cloudbreak I was just thankful to be home. I'd been intending to go to TRF with MB, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to go down there. So, I got home in time to kiss my wife good-bye and go to sleep. Fitful, uncomfortable sleep, but at least it was in my own bed. Cheers. ~KR (16 November 2007) Watching: Blackburn vs Aston Villa 0 - 1 at Halftime Camera: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320) Aperture: f/16 Focal Length: 23.2 mm ISO Speed: 80 Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV Flash: Flash did not fire, auto mode

No comments: