9.1.08

Contrail Patterns

8 January 2008
On Sunday my wife told me of a documentary she had watched on the History Channel. Always eager to learn, I perked up. But, I don't think I perked up quite as much as my BS meter did. The documentary centered itself on contrails and a particular theory surrounding their creation. It seems, according to this show (which I've not seen, I hasten to add, making this 2nd hand theory-rousing), that the wide, flat contrails that maintain themselves sufficiently long enough to become cirrus clouds are in fact put there on purpose. See, our government is loading military jets full of toxic chemicals and creating these massive contrails in an effort to control or reduce Global Warming. Unh-huh.
Contrail_Patterns

Whether you subscribe to this theory (which apparently has been around since early 2001 or so) or not, you have to admit they do make pretty patterns in the sky.
Cheers.

~KR (Written on: 9 January 2008)

Listening to:
It's Time They Knew by The Swimmers

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/800)
Aperture: f/8
Focal Length: 5.8 mm
ISO Speed: 80
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire, auto mode

No comments: