11.1.08

LG and FFC

10 January 2008
If you followed last year's posts, or know anything about me, you've realised that I'm a football fan. A died-in-the-head footy fan with my love resting squarely on the shoulders of the great Arsenal Football Club in North London. Recently (last October), I had cause to go to London on a business trip. Getting tickets to an English Premier League match can be a real nightmare for anyone who doesn't already have a "buying history" with a club. And touting (scalping) is seriously illegal carrying extremely heavy fines, bans and jail time. So, I was thrilled to receive news upon our arrival in London that a co-worker had arranged tickets for us to an EPL match. It wasn't Arsenal, but that didn't matter so much, as it was an English Premier Football match - that's all that really mattered to me at the moment. After years of yearning and pining from afar, I had the opportunity to witness in person that which I'd only ever seen on the telly. So we went to see Derby play Fulham at Craven Cottage with one of our vendors. Great fun. But, this photo is about none of that. It's instead of the laniard that the Fulham Football Club gifted me on the way in the door. I immediately attached it to my camera, so now it goes with me everywhere my camera goes. One of the more interesting things about English Football is the level of sponsorship that goes on. In fact, my friend Terrill didn't know for years that JVC wasn't the name of Arsenal because that JVC was considerably larger than the clubs own name and crest on the strip. Thanks to Manchester United's money-spinning methods in the 80's, this sponsorship has become almost comically common-place. So it is with Fulham FC, too. Their sponsor is LG (Life's Good) and adorns nearly every bit of club gear, & souvenirs...like my laniard.
LG

Unfortunately, the photo is blurry. Even more unfortunately I only took two photos on the 10th and this is the better of the two.
Cheers.

~KR (Written on 11 January 2008)

Listening to:
Change is on the Wind by Temple Scene

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS
Exposure: 1 sec (1)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 5.8 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 1 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

No comments: