28.1.08

My Boots

28 January 2008 
I've played football, what American's call soccer, for most of my life. My first memory of playing the game was in an apartment parking lot in Germany in the early 70s (72ish). I've never really questioned the passion or the desire, I've just presumed it to be part of me despite the pressure from the North Texas community to embrace American-style Football as my sport of choice. I'll never do that; soccer will forever be "my" sport. But, perhaps it's time I give up the playing of it. Arseblog wrote yesterday "I think I might retire. When the idea of sitting around in a dressing gown eating toast is more appealing than going to play football you know it's probably time" and I can't disagree with him. For a number of seasons now I've been contemplating it without really knowing I've been contemplating. I tried coaching the team to get my mind and passion back into it, but the politics wore me out even more than the actual playing. Nowadays it seems the team is even less focused than I am and getting a training together is more and more difficult. I'll need something to do to keep in shape, but, for now, perhaps it's time I hang up my boots. *sigh*
My Boots

Cheers.

 ~KR (Written on 28 January 2008)

Listening to:
Nausea by Beck 
from The Information

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS
Exposure: 1 sec (1)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 5.8 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

No comments: