10.9.07

Maggie May's

5 September 2007
The day started well enough, went rapidly downhill and then levelled out. It started raining in the morning then I got a call requiring an emergency side-trip before getting on my flight to LGA. No resolution was generated by my side trip, sadly, but there's a certain satisfaction in knowing that I've done everything right. Now, I just need to follow up and ensure that the parties that can fix the problem do fix the problem. The flight was uneventful, and after a quick seat-shuffle, not even too uncomfortable. We (Eric, Terrill & myself) arrived at La Guardia airport where Lou picked us up. We then high-tailed (actually not so much with the high-tailing, the traffic was horrendous!) it to Flushing for dinner & drinks.
MaggieMays
This is Maggie May's. An unassuming, but lovely pub with one of the most delightful barmaids I've seen in quite some time. Dawn (that was her name) was very witty and very on-the-spot. She even knew how to draw a good pint of Guinness! Anyway, the four of us finished up some hardware tinkering we had to do while we had our drinks. Then off to Bourbon Street for dinner. Bourbon Street is a N'awlins influenced restaurant across from Margaritas. I could have spent hours and hours and hours up & down the streets here. It reminded me of Nob Hill in Portland. The business trip was just starting.
Cheers.

~KR (5 September 2007)

Listening to:
Man on the Moon by R.E.M.
on Automatic For The People

Camera: Canon PowerShot S1 IS
Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 8.1 mm
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

No comments: