12.9.07

Purple Kleenex Box

8 September 2007
As I've mentioned before I pay attention to the photo "assignments" that come my way via blogs & forums I subscribe to. Two of the three assignments I get each week are assigned on Friday while the third comes to me on Monday. This week's Friday assignments were Purple & Soft. It is the Wednesday after those two assignments came out, but I'm posting for that Saturday photo. This is Purple.
Purple Kleenex Box
I was driving through a parking lot in South Arlington and my eyes were drawn to the purple newspaper box and the purple lightposts just outside the Taco Bell. But, I wasn't overwhelmed with the composition opportunities. Then, but 30 feet way, someone had dropped an empty Kleenex box next to an abandoned Mexican restaurant. Aha. So, now we have a Purple Kleenex box as fulfillment for Assignment number one. I'm sure that I gathered many a look as I crawled around in the filthy parking lot looking for a good angle to shoot my Purple. I think I got it with this one. I like the overall arrangement and exectuion of the image, even though it is a photo of someone's refuse.
I threw the box in the trash. Couldn't have someone else taking a photo of a Purple Kleenex box, could I?
Cheers.

~KR (8 September 2007)

Listening to:
Lady Luck by Tesla
on The Great Radio Controversy

Camera: Canon PowerShot S1 IS
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1000)
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 23.7 mm
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

 I post with WriteToMyBlog

No comments: