19.9.07

Weed & Wire

19 September 2007
On my way into work this morning, I was running a little late, so I figured what the heck, I'll add a couple more minutes, and I took a backroad that I don't frequently travel. While driving that secluded section of Mossier Valley road in Ft. Worth, I spied an Historical Marker I'd never seen before. I took photos of it thinking, "this is cool, I can use this for my photo assignment, 'In My Life'." However, I didn't because I liked this photo better:
Weeds & Barbed Wire
This barbed wire fence was directly in front of the historical plaque and rendered nearly invisible by the weeds. Why is it that so frequently it's the weeds that are prettiest in a garden? These bright yellow whatever-they-are caught the light just right and with the inclusion of the fencepost create a rich dichotomy I couldn't pass. Ohhh, and the Champion's League match between Arsenal and Sevilla just finished at the Emirates. The Arsenal won handily with 3 goals to the good by Fabregas, Van Persie & Eduardo. Up the Gunners!
Cheers.

~KR (19 September 2007)

Listening to:
A Sort of Homecoming by U2
on Wide Awake in America

Camera: Canon PowerShot S1 IS
Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 16 mm
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

I post with WriteToMyBlog

No comments: