21.9.07

The Zamboni and the Net

20 September 2007
Due to the magnanimous nature of some of our friends, and the niceties of the boss, Marita Beth & I went to see some Dallas Stars pre-season hockey last night at the American Airlines Center. My boss, despite the work-load hanging over our head, said, "Go. Don't miss your train." So, with a little bit of guilt (that quickly disappeared) and an ear-ache (that did not so quickly disappear), Marita Beth and I went to get tickets for the Trinity River Expressway. The TRE takes us from a train stop very near my office straight to Victory Station. This time around, we bypassed Victory Station and went on to Union Station where we hopped a Blue Line trolley to the West End station. There we met Adam & Bill at TGI Fridays for some before game libations (and food in MB's case). Then we hopped one of the numerous free omnibuses that shuttle folks back & forth to & from the game. Great fun. The season-long seats that Bill & Wendy and Terry & Deborah have are in row P in section 329. As you can see
The Zamboni & the Net
they are directly on the North End goal line and provide an excellent view of all action in this half of the ice. The far end is a little more difficult to see, but at this height, there's precious little that's not visible. In short, I think were I to buy season tickets to the Stars they might just be in a very similar place. Thanks, Terry & Deborah for offering up your seats to us last night. We had a great time.

Oh, I nearly forgot. I took all of my photos last night with Marita Beth's camera as mine is just too large to carry into a sports arena. I really need to take care of that.
Cheers.

~KR (20 September 2007)
Listening to:
Fields of Gold by Beer Bong
on Beer Bong

Camera: Canon PowerShot A520
Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture: f/5.5
Focal Length: 23.2 mm
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

I post with WriteToMyBlog

No comments: