25.1.08

Insulated Spigot

20 January 2008
Sunday. A day of rest. I tried, really I did. I got up at 0530 to check my wife in for her flight to MCO (fifteen minutes later than I needed to) only to discover that it was really 0430. So, I went back to sleep for 45 minutes. At 0515 I did get up and check her in for her flight (it was sure looking good for her) then went right back to sleep - again. Finally at 0710 the goodwife woke me up for the final time. It was time to take her to the airport for her annual trip to visit family in Orlando, FL. After some security snafus with the TSA (imagine that!) she got through to the gate in time to hear her name being called. Her upgrade to First Class came through and onboard she went. I went back home fully intending to take my cold-riddled body back to bed. But, once in bed I couldn't get my eyes to close even though my body was screaming for rest. So, I got up and watched some footy on the telly and checked movie listings. Cloverfield was playing at 1400 at the Movie Tavern just up the street. I made up my mind right then to go do that, then follow that up with a trip to NFG to watch the NFL playoffs. So, at 1330, I headed to see Cloverfield. I'll tell you right now that if you a) like the hand-held look of The Blair Witch Project or FX's The Shield or b) enjoy the tenseness of movies like Alien and c) ever watched and enjoyed any Godzilla movie you will get a charge out of Cloverfield. The movie takes some time to get moving as it establishes relationships, but once it gets moving it only slows down momentarily. Truly 90 minutes (ok...about 70 minutes) or mind-numbing, body-aching tension. Truly, truly enjoyed it. The NFL games weren't so much fun. Neither game played out the way I wanted, but they were both enjoyable to watch (as much as NFL is ever enjoyable to watch that is). The second was made more enjoyable as Terrill & his son, Kyle, stopped by NFG and watched it with me. On the way home from NFG, I stopped off at Taco Bell for some cheap food and snapped this photo while waiting to pay.
No Leak Here
I took three photos of this hose wrapped in insulation...they were the only three photos of the day. So, away from the beer-themed photos and back to the "making the mundane pretty, or at least interesting" concept.
Cheers.

~KR (Written on: 21 January 2008)

Listening to:
Attitude by Metallica
from Reload

No comments: